Loans, Documentation, Inventories and Audits
For museums: Things Great and Small: Collections Management Policies by John E. Simmons. American Association of Museums, 2006.
For libraries and archives: Library Collection Development Policies: Academic, Public, and Special Libraries by Frank W. Hoffman and Richard J. Wood. The Scarecrow Press, Inc., 2005.
Due: February 24, 2017
For museums: John E. Simmons, Things Great and Small, pages 41, 69-84; 91-95, 182-183; 99.
For libraries and archives: Frank W. Hoffman and Richard J. Wood, Library Collection Development Policies, 2005, pages 158-180.
*Digital copies of the readings are available on the FAM Online Platform.
Mid-Module Potential Webinar
Risk Management and Insurance or Valuation - TBD after February 24, 2017 Workshop
- Boynton Beach City Library Archives - Resources Sharing Statement (.pdf)
- Museum of Science & History of Jacksonville (MOSH) - Loan (.pdf)
- National Park Service (NPS), Museum Handbook, Part 2a: Museum Records, Chapter 2: Accessioning, Parts P-S: Incoming Loans http://www.nps.gov/museum/publications/MHII/mh2ch2firstfile.pdf
- National Park Service (NPS), Museum Handbook, Part 2a: Museum Records, Chapter 5: Outgoing Loans http://www.nps.gov/museum/publications/MHII/mh2ch5.pdf
- Stranahan House - Loan (.pdf)
- Tallahassee Museum - Loan (.pdf)
- Museum of Science & History of Jacksonville (MOSH) - Documentation Policy (.pdf)
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission, CREW: A Weeding Manual for Modern Libraries https://www.tsl.texas.gov/sites/default/files/public/tslac/ld/ld/pubs/crew/crewmethod12.pdf
- National Park Service (NPS), Museum Handbook, Part 2: Museum Records, Chapter 1: Documenting Museum Collections https://www.nps.gov/museum/publications/MHII/mh2ch1.pdf
- Society of American Archivists, A Guide to Deeds of Gift http://www.archivists.org/publications/deed_of_gift.asp
- Society of American Archivists, Guidelines for Reappraisal and Deaccessioning http://www2.archivists.org/sites/all/files/GuidelinesForReappraisalAndDeaccessioning-May2012.pdf
- University of Florida - Florida Museum of Natural History - Artifact Entry Form (.pdf)
- University of Florida - Florida Museum of Natural History - Deed of Gift Form (.pdf)
- West Florida Historic Preservation, Inc. - Deaccession Form (.pdf)
- West Florida Historic Preservation, Inc. - Gift Evaluation Form (.pdf)
Inventories and Audits
- Department of the Interior, Inventory of Museum Collections https://www.doi.gov/sites/doi.gov/files/migrated/museum/policy/upload/Dir-21-Collection-Inventory.pdf
- International Council of Museums, International Observatory on Illicit Traffic in Cultural Goods http://obs-traffic.museum/documentation-inventory-identification
- National Archives Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Audits https://www.archives.gov/oig/audits.html
- National Park Service (NPS), Museum Handbook, Part 2: Museum Records Chapter 4: Inventory and Other Special Instructions https://www.nps.gov/museum/publications/MHII/mh2ch4.pdf
- New York State Archives, The First Steps in Record Management http://www.archives.nysed.gov/common/archives/files/mr_pub76.pdf
South Carolina Department of Archives and History, Archives and Records Management Division, How To Conduct A Records Inventory http://rm.sc.gov/leaflets/Documents/pril17.pdf