Location: Art and Culture Center/Hollywood, Hollywood, Florida
The Art and Culture Center/Hollywood is a multi-disciplinary organization, which features contemporary art exhibitions, artist talks, workshops and offers more that 80 unique education classes or program sessions for youth in the visual and performing arts. The Center also manages a 500-seat performing arts theater.
Total Hours Per Week: 13-16 hours
Weekend Position: Saturday and Sunday 11:45 am-4:15 pm work gallery hours plus opening and closing responsibilities. Also, one weekday working 4.5 - 7 hours. Exact day and schedule will be determined based on candidate. During summer months of June, July and August, additional hours may be needed.
Salary Type: $10 to $12 per hour. Hourly, Part-Time.
Liaison with: Art and Culture Center/Hollywood, general public, artists, families, and staff
Reports to: Deputy Director
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Open and close the building and prepare current exhibitions for viewing. Follow opening and closing list of procedures
- Greet and direct visitors. Provide appropriate information, as needed
- Assist with the process and management of memberships and lists, guest comments, and attendance records
- Answer and route incoming calls in an efficient and professional manner
- Responsible for inventory of promotional materials and storage items
- Liaison between Center and outside entities and partners
- Process and distribute mail
- Maintain the appearance of lobby, outside and inside common areas, galleries, library, and kitchen
- Coordinate food and beverages as well as set up and breakdown for meetings and events. Maintain inventory of kitchen and facility supplies
- Responsible to keep accurate records and coordinate community service and some volunteers for general duties as well as special events
- Responsible for following financial policy and procedures related to cash bank, checks and credit card processing
- Provide administrative support to staff
- Other duties as assigned or requested
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with customer service and general administrative experience working in a professional setting. The candidate should work well as part of a team and also be friendly, self-directed, conscientious, punctual, dependable, and organized. Candidate must possess the ability to multitask and work well with a variety of personalities, while maintaining a positive attitude even in highly stressful or time sensitive situations. Excellent organizational, time management and administrative skills as well as an ability to work well with the public are also essential. Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and superior organizational skills with attention to detail are required. Intermediate level of proficiency with computers and in MS Office (Word and Excel) and Google platform is also necessary. Must be able to pass a background check.
Interested applicants should send resume along with two reference contacts. Hand deliver or mail resumes to 1650 Harrison Street, Hollywood, FL 33020 attn: Deputy Director. Fax to 954. 921. 3273. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled but interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 5, 2018. Candidates who previously submitted a resume will need to reapply for consideration.