Director of Education Operations This working director position oversees the operations of the Education Department in accordance with Orlando Science Center policies. The Director reports to the Vice President of Education to ensure programs are meeting the strategic plan and annual goals of the organization. This individual manages the teams who run all fee-based education programs and oversee the daily operations across the division. It is the role of this individual to ensure the timely, cost effective and high quality execution of fee-based programs from concept to the final product.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides guidance and direction to the education managers in the administration of operations and employee management.
- Ensures departmental goals are reached including; revenue goals, attendance, operations and logistics for all fee-based education programs.
- Works closely with Director of STEM Learning and Engagement to ensure all programs are of the highest quality and align with the STEM Discovery Center goals and brand.
- Supervises the operations of the department.
- Supervises staff recruitment, training, and personnel evaluations.
- Ensures all areas adhere to Science Center practices for financial administration, human resources, payroll and other activities.
- Ensures the team is consistently delivering on expectations and reports to management.
- Routinely serves in the capacity of Manager on Duty (MOD) for the building.
- Demonstrates commitment to OSC's vision, mission and values.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, nights and weekends as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in high-volume organizations managing complex teams in an informal education environment.
- Direct experience managing and overseeing large budgets and operations.
- Proven administrative abilities and demonstrated writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace, team oriented environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective rapport with all levels of management, employees and museum visitors.
- Excellent communication skills; presentation and public speaking
- Reliable, organized, self-starter. Ability to work with little direct supervision
- Enthusiastic, friendly, outgoing; must love working with people
- Knowledge of informal education and museum practices.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to HRSpecialist@osc.org.