Job ID 45513
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. For more about the Ringling, please see the "Other Information" section.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for enhancing brand awareness, executing marketing strategies and campaigns, and utilizing digital and social channels and new media within the digital space to meet institutional marketing objectives for The Ringling Museum of Art.
- Develops and implements digital marketing strategies for museum events, exhibitions, educational programs, performances, and community-related initiatives that engage target audiences across digital and social platforms. Leads the digital creative process, working collaboratively with others in the marketing department, internal and external stakeholders, media agencies and other freelance resources in the development & execution of digital assets including website content, emails, advertising, video, photography, and other interactive media.
- Responsible for the Museum’s overall social media presence. Represents the museum across organizational social media accounts by creating, scheduling, and monitoring posts and updates, and engaging with or responding to the museum’s many audiences.
- Works closely with the director of marketing, marketing manager, and cross-functionally with other museum departments and stakeholders to make recommendations for improving and enhancing visitor engagement levels. Cultivates and enhances relationships and opportunities with external partners to increase brand awareness and support the Museum’s strategic plan. May travel locally as needed to participate in events as a representative of the museum.
- Manages the development and reporting of digital metrics. Sets standards, monitors and tracks social media and other digital marketing analytics utilizing ongoing dashboards to measure progress and maximize ROI. Communicates with marketing team to evaluate results of digital marketing campaigns as well as general activity. Offers actionable insights based on campaign performance.
- Ensures best practices are followed in all areas of digital marketing. Employs cutting edge tactics to increase brand awareness and engagement among desired audiences. Manages web-based tools (e.g. Content Management System, Digital Asset Management System, web applications, etc.) to support digital marketing efforts.
- Ensures all digital work is consistent with established brand guidelines, applicable policies, and compliance standards. Performs periodic maintenance, review, and updating of all digital assets and materials.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Online Marketing, or other relevant degree and two years of experience or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to six years.
- Experience producing both virtual and real-time engagement and campaign events across digital and social platforms.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with digital analytics and metrics.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on execution, follow-up, and measurement.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders within the organization.
- Possession of valid Florida driver's license or ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Application should include a work sample containing a social media plan and 3 to 5 examples of previous campaigns. If selected for interview, a presentation of the social media plan will be required.
- MBA or other relevant Master’s degree.
- 3 to 5 years digital marketing experience.
- Experience producing museum-related digital marketing events a plus.
- Some experience in SEM and SEO.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=45513&PostingSeq=1.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
Salary commensurate with experience (anticipated range of low to mid $40,000s) + Florida state benefits available.
To learn more about all the benefits and perks offered for this role (including vacation, sick, holiday, retirement, etc.) please visit http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/benefits_home.
While the primary working hours for this position are Monday through Friday between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, the incumbent may be required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, special events, and holidays based on the needs of the Ringling.
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida—which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens—is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
Soft Money Funded Position
This position is time-limited based on soft money funding, with renewal contingent upon available funds and the needs of the University.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.