Asst. Dir. Visitor Services
Job ID 45465
The Assistant Director of Visitor Services oversees the visitor experience at The Ringling and is responsible for the following operational areas: Admissions, Museum Stores and the Historic Asolo Theater Box Office & Front of House.
- Surveys and recommends solutions or policy changes to greater enhance the visitor experience. Develops policies and procedures related to all aspects of the visitor experience cross-departmentally and in conjunction with Senior Staff to implement strategies to enhance the visitor experience campus-wide.
- Recommends changes to Ringling website, online ticketing and other visitor informational tools as appropriate. Incumbent would be required to work occasional weekends and attend evening and weekend events.
- Supervises Admissions, Museum Stores, and Historic Asolo Theater Box Office and Front of House staff. Includes hiring, training, discipline, and performance evaluations. Interviews, trains, and assigns volunteers as needed. Participates in the development and presentation of staff customer service and front line training.
- Develops strategies for analyzing Ringling audience. Recommends and implements visitor surveys, capture and reporting strategies and methods and reports such findings to Senior Staff on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree and at least four years’ experience in customer service, attractions management or other related front-line experience.
- Experience with supervising staff.
- Valid Florida driver's license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply the principles and practices to strategically align tasks and people with organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position. Must be able to walks significant distances around the 66 acre estate and climb and descend stairs.
- Ability to gather, interpret, report, and/or edit information and to evaluate process effectiveness and develop change or alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Please note, 3 professional references must be provided when applying (phone and/or email is acceptable) and would be contacted should you be interviewed.
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience with admissions, ticketing, and/or cash-handling operations
- Skill in use of Microsoft software to include Excel, Word and Outlook
- Budget management experience
- Knowledge of Tessitura
- Experience with website content management systems
- Experience with PeopleSoft software systems
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
$55k to $65k commensurate with experience + Florida state benefits available. (http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/benefits_home)
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
While the primary working hours for this position are between 8 AM to 5 PM (with a one hour meal period) Monday through Friday, the incumbent may be required to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and special events.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida—which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens—is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf